Pancakes on the weekend are always a nice treat. When trying to be healthy though, they can rack up a lot of calories. Then you can start to feel the tighter hug of your jeans and you try to dance around your bedroom squeezing yourself into them. No one wants to have that feeling, so i’ve got a perfect healthy and balanced pancake recipe for you.
I have added some naughty chocolate chips in but they are dark chocolate, full of antioxidants and it’s the weekend. Live a little! So this recipe is really simple, I have seen a few bloggers adapt this to their own and thats exactly what I have done.
Ingredients (1 Serving):
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Ripe Banana
- Chocolate Chips (how ever naughty you want to be)
- Handful of Blueberries
- Honey or Agave Nectar
- Coconut Oil
- Put 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in the pan and leave until it has melted.
- Break up the banana into a bowl and mash with a fork until it is a paste
- Add in the 2 eggs and chocolate chips and mix
- Use a ladle and spoon the mixture on frying pan
- Flip the pancake after about a minute, they cook really quick
- Repeat until you have used all the mixture
- Add the blueberries, honey and enjoy!
Have you made pancakes like these before? Let me know in the comments below.