The Best Hot Chocolate

The countdown is getting all to exciting now, 4 days till Christmas! Most people have finished work, kids have finished school and everyone is getting into the festive mood. One of my most favourite things to do this time of year is snuggle up on the sofa with a hot chocolate and watch a film. Normally a festive film, but sometimes it might just be Geordie shore.

This is my all out hot chocolate. I won’t have this every time because well, calories. Measure out your milk in the mug you are going to use and then put it in a saucepan on a medium heat Add in some dairy milk or which ever you prefer, I used half of a large bar. Leave to bubble away for a few minutes before serving.

After this has melted into the milk, add in some hazelnut syrup and pour into your mug. Pop in a candy cane, add some whipped cream and then chocolate sauce on top. Perfection in a mug. Really simple and so tasty.

My other favourite hot chocolates this season is Costa’s black forest hot chocolate and Starbucks honey and almond hot chocolate. They are perfection, but too expensive to have all the time.

What is your favourite festive drink?

1. Jodie Vernon
    December 21, 2015 / 5:30 pm

Costa's Black Forest hot chocolate is my favourite, but this one looks equally as yummy!Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

2. Megan Roisin
    December 21, 2015 / 6:15 pm

I love home made hot chocolate, your recipe sounds delicious! Did you buy your mug recently? It's so cool!Megan xLondon Callings

• drained beauty
      December 21, 2015 / 7:43 pm

No sorry, I got it like 2-3 years ago 🙂 you might be able to get it online though xx

3. Tink Jayne
    December 22, 2015 / 1:40 am

Oh My Goodness, I now have the biggest craving for one of these.It looks delicious. Love an OTT hot chocolate at this time of year, screw the calories.Merry Christmas, have a good one x tink jayne xallabouttink.co.uk

4. Helen C
    December 23, 2015 / 7:42 pm

Epic post idea as I love hot chocolates too!! I tried the Costa black forest hot chocolate the other day and oh my probably my fav one of all winter. I love to snuggle up with a cup of hot chocolate and watch a film too. This recipe is lovely. Merry Christmas! 🙂 xxHelen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog