As I’m trying to be healthier I am finding new and exciting dishes to cook. Everyone seems to be loving Avocados at the moment, having them in smoothies, pudding and on toast. I’ve seen a few baked Avocado dishes and they looked so good. I’ve only been eating them the last few months and I’ve only ever had them on toast. So I thought I would try something different.
You will need: 1 Avocado, 1 Yellow Pepper, 6 Cherry Tomatoes, Half of a Courgette, 5 Mushrooms, Half an Aubergine and 2 small eggs.
- Cut the Avocado in half and remove the seed, be careful. I nearly lost a finger!
- Scoop out some of the middle of the Avocado with a spoon so you can put your egg in there.
- Place the Avocado halves on a baking tray where they will stand up, I use a muffin tray and they balanced well.
- Place your egg into the scooped out section on the Avocado, yellow first else it just all overflows and its a mess.
- Put the Avocados in the oven for about 10-15 minutes on Gas Mark 5.
- Chop the rest of your veg up, put it in a wok/frying pan with some oil, salt and pepper and fry it for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat.
- There you have it, a quick, easy and healthy vegetarian meal.
Whats your favourite way to have Avocados?