Easter is fast approaching, there are mini eggs and easter eggs everywhere in sight. Mini eggs are my absolute favourite, I need to avoid them in shops so I don’t eat them all. However I wanted to do some baking with them. So, me and my boyfriend made some mini egg cookies recently, they are quite hidden in the cookies but still taste amazing. See the recipe below.
You will need: 125g butter (softened), 100g light brown sugar, 125g caster sugar, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1tsp vanilla extract, 225g self raising flour, pinch of salt, 100g chocolate chips, 1 bag of mini eggs.
- Mix together the light brown sugar, caster sugar and butter.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, egg, oil, vanilla extract, chocolate chips and mini eggs
- Once you have mixed them well, get a baking tray and line with grease proof paper or tin foil.
- Grab a handful of the cookie dough and roll into a ball.
- Put the ball onto the baking tray and squash down into a cookie shape.
- Make sure you leave space between them and repeat until you used all of your mixture.
- Put in the oven at gas mark 5 or 190 degrees (170 degrees fan assisted).
- Leave in the oven for 10-12 minutes
- And your done! Tasty easter treats, make sure you share them with your friends and family!
Whats your favourite thing about easter? Let me know in the comments below