Valentines day is around the corner and we don’t all have the money to go out to the cinema and go out to dinner, some of us will just had a quiet night in and making some cookies is a cheap activity to do with your friends or loved ones.
You will need:
- Tin foil
- 2 baking trays
- Mixing bowl
- 1 egg
- Cocoa powder (75g)
- Caster Sugar (300g)
- Self raising flour (275g)
- Unsalted butter (200g)
- Milky bar chocolate
So, to make them:
- Pre-heat the Oven onto 200°c
- Mix together the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl until it becomes like a smooth mixture with no lumps.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder and egg into the bowl after measuring.
- Slightly mix the ingredients until you can carry on with the whisk (don’t want to be covered in flour!)
- After whisking the ingredients, if it looks a bit dry add a splash of milk
- Break up the chocolate and add them in the mixing bowl
- Time to get messy!, stick your hands in and mix the chocolate into the cookie mixture til they are roughly evenly spread out
- Get hand sized balls of the mixture and put them on the tray, pat them down into a heart shape, carry this on until you have used all of the mixture
- Put them in the oven for 12-15 minutes, they will still be a bit squishy so leave them on the side for 15 minutes before eating.
It’s a lovely thing to do if you’re a bit short on the pennies and need something to do on valentines evening with your loved one, then you can snuggle up and eat your cookies with a film. If you are a single lady or single lad, then they would be great to make with your friends with the wine flowing.
What are your plans on Valentines day?